How do I install a distribution on Unix?
- Download the appropriate file for your operating system.
- Run the binary using the "sh" command like this:
- The installation script needs to write a few temporary
files in the current working directory when invoked
(they are removed automatically).
- The installation script will not write any files
outside the paths you specify except for the temporary
files in the current working directory.
How do I install a distribution on Windows?
- Download the appropriate file for Windows.
- You may either:
a) select "Run this program from its current location" and
click "Yes" in the Security Warning dialog, or
b) select "Save this program to disk" and then run the
installation program manually.
- Follow further instructions given by the installation program.
How do I install a distribution on Mac OS X?
Users of Roxen distributions for Mac OS X 10.0 or
later should follow the Unix instructions above.
How do a apply a patch?
- Download the appropriate patch file.
- Execute the following in the roxen/server directory:
gzip -d -c [diff file] | patch -p0
- Restart the server.